We accept almost any household furniture/items that can be used in a typical home. Some examples are below:
- couches, chairs, recliners, coffee tables, end tables, area rugs
- kitchen table & chairs
- beds, mattresses, chest of drawers, dressers, mirrors
- small desks, bookcases
- Lighting: floor and desk lamps
- Working TVs (though we do not need any of the large, deep TVs
- plates, cereal bowls, silverware, glasses, cups, mugs, dessert plates, serving bowls, platters
- utensils, mixing bowls, storage containers
- pots and pans, casserole dishes, cookie sheets, pie pans, loaf pans, cake pans
- Small kitchen appliances: microwaves, coffee pots, toasters, electric skillets, mixers, crock pots, blenders, food processors
Linens and such:
- bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, bath mats
- dish towels and dish cloths
- sheets, blankets, bed spreads, mattress covers
Small appliances: heaters, fans and window air-conditioning units, vacuum cleaners, microwaves
Large appliances: refrigerators, free-standing stoves, washing machines, dryers
Donations not currently needed:
- At the moment (Winter of 2021) we have many king-sized mattresses/box-springs. We cannot pick them up but if you can deliver them to us we will accept them.
- We do not need large desks as many of our clients do not have room for office desks. Student desks, however, are especially needed now that many students take classes from home.
- Hide-a-bed couches are usually not picked-up as they are often too heavy for our volunteer crew.
- Large, deep TVs. Most of our clients do not have room for the older, jumbo-sized TVs.
- Gas appliances