The Storehouse is normally closed from Dec 15 - Jan 15. However this year we will be accepting donations on Saturday, Dec. 18. If there are needs and volunteers can be recruited, we may also open Thursday, Dec. 16. In case of an emergency while we're closed, please call 865-481-0274 and leave a message. Someone will be checking phone messages periodically.
For making donations:
- Open on Saturdays 10:00am-12:00 noon for people bringing their donations. The last Saturday that we will be accepting donations this year is Dec 18. We will start accepting donations after Jan. 15.
- We are doing limited pickups. If you have big items to donate, especially mattresses, beds and bedding, please consider asking a friend with a truck or van to bring your donation to us.
- At the moment (late Summer of 2021) we have many king-sized mattresses/box-springs. We cannot pick them up but if you can deliver them to us we will accept them.
- We do not need large desks as many of our clients do not have room for office desks. Student desks, however, are expecially needed now that many students take classes from home.
- Hide-a-bed couches are usually not picked-up as they are often too heavy for our volunteer crew.
For clients in emergencies needing storehouse items, we will make appointments. If you are in dire need, especially of beds, bedding, & heaters, please leave a message at 865-481-0274; someone will call you back.
- Clients will need to get a referral from a social service agency (more info about that on our Client page) before calling 865-481-0274. If no one answers please leave a message with your name and phone number. Please speak clearly and repeat your phone number so we can get back with you. A volunteer will return your call and set up a convenient time for your visit.
- When you visit the Storehouse, you will need to bring a truck and people who can help you load. Unfortunately there will be no volunteers available to help you load.
- You will need to bring a photo ID.
- You will be required to physical distance from the storehouse volunteer.
- You will need to wear a mask. Please bring one if you have one, but we will have face masks for those who do not have one.